With Christmas coming to an end it’s time to pack away the decorations and find homes for all the new presents, but many people will have trouble finding the space, let alone working out where they kept the decorations stored before Christmas! January is the perfect time to stop and address any organisation issues, sort the shelves, cupboards and spare rooms, and get set up for the New Year.
We asked Howards’ organisation expert, Cathy Player, to share her top 5 tips in getting the house in shape this January.
1) Don’t try to do it all at once! Follow the Stop, Sort, Solve method to get the most out of your organising time: Stop, and assess what the problem is before going any further. Sort everything into groups and prioritise the different areas. Solve your problems by using the best Howards Storage World products for each job.
2) Make sure you allocate enough time to complete the project you’re working on. The reason many people don’t follow through on their organising projects is because they simply don’t allow enough time to get the job done properly, commit the time and you will be far more likely to achieve the desired result.
3) Small things can make a huge difference, for example you can completely sort out your fridge for under $20 simply by purchasing four fridge baskets! This will save you a lot of money over the long run as things won’t spoil at the back of the fridge because you can’t see them.
4) There are plenty of areas that you can fix with a simple solution. Think about your cutlery drawers, bathroom cupboards or the fridge and freezer. Howards have a number of products that provide fantastic simple solutions to make these areas really work for you.
5) Take photos of your problem area and bring them in to your nearest Howards store and they can assist you by providing appropriate solutions to your dilemma.
Howards have declared January 2012 ‘Organising Month’. To get involved, visit your local store or the Howards website at www.hsw.com.au.