Small houses often feel cramped and cluttered and most people think the only way of fixing them is to build an extension. Shaynna Blaze tells us about the illusion of space!
A small room will be overwhelmed by too much furniture but you can avoid this with some simple tricks:
1) One of them is using just one or two key items will create a spacious feel rather than cluttering with lots of small sized furniture. This of course needs to be complemented by keeping the accessories clean lined and not fussy in style!
2) Don’t overfill your shelves to the point where they are bursting. It will simply look like you have run out of room.
3) Investigate clever storage options like window seats, ottomans and unique use of wall space.
4) Painting all your walls in one pale neutral colour keeps the colour scheme simple and making the room feel larger.
5) If you have access to natural light, make the most of it, connecting through to the outdoors where possible. Light- filtering blinds will allow you to have privacy without making the room too dark.
6) If you are short on windows, go for lamps, where you can also use your vertical space. Artwork also draws the eye up and makes a space feel more expansive.
7) In the bedroom, if you're tight on budget focus on styling the living areas as these rooms are high on the buyers priority list. Get these right and you’ll create a fantastic first impression.
Follow these tips and you’ll create a fantastic first impression!
To ask Shaynna a question, click HERE