Follow these expert tips if you're looking for some unique art to display your home.
Engaging an artist to commission an original piece for you can sometimes be a daunting process. But having your very own artistic piece of work in your home is a great way to put your stamp on your living space – especially if you’re renting.
1. Collaboration is key. Try and work with your artist. Don’t overbrief them, have a conversation.
2. Make sure whoever you engage is someone whose work you really love and appreciate.
3. Do not copy other artists’ work.
4. Know how much you want to spend but also realise that custom art and engaging an artist can be an expensive process but it is so, so worth it.
5. When getting inspiration, instead of taking generic images from online, consider collecting items that you have a personal connection with and taking them to an artist. Together, they’ll generate a story.
6. A piece of art can be whatever you want it to be – no matter how fanciful. Just remember the goal is to brief the artist to create something personal to you that you’ll love forever.