Lisa's tiny flat had turned into a disaster area when she started working from home. Her dining area, office space and relaxation areas were all spilling into each other. An SOS was sent out to stylist Shannon Fricke who quickly came to the rescue.
- Clutter was building at a rapid rate with the many new work files and notes.
- It was hard to make the flat look tidy.
- The dining room table had become a computer desk, which meant meals were eaten from Lisa's lap and worse still entertaining was no longer possible at home.
- Lisa's work was always staring her in her face even when she was trying to relax.
- There was no storage space for personal effects such as magazines, videos and CD's.
- Lisa wanted to add more stylish accessories to the flat but was reluctant to add to an already cluttered space.
Shannon asked Lisa to work out what she needed to use on a daily basis and what things could be stored away. Anything that wasn't wanted was thrown out.
- Shannon cleared the space under the stairs to make room for the office area.
- Cupboards were bought to store all of the work equipment and paraphernalia.
- At the end of the day the cupboard doors can simply be shut and the work is no longer in view.
- The dining room table was relocated at the back of the room, making a specific dining area. The computer moved to the work cupboard, which doubled as a desk.
- Lisa's relaxation area was restyled using multifunctional furniture, strong block colours and geometric shapes.
Things to consider:
If you're in a rented home, buy off-the-shelf furniture so you can take it with you when you leave.
Equipment and Suppliers
Oz Design Furniture
2a Todman Avenue
Moore Park NSW 2033
Ph: (02) 9663 3844
207 Clovelly Road
Clovelly NSW 2031
75 Gardeners Road
Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: (02) 9663 070