Need a simple way to relax or revive at home? A little aromatherapy in your busy household may be just what you need!
Geraldine Howard, aromatherapy expert and co-founder of Aromatherapy Associates, shares the benefits of using essentail oils in your home.
1. For an energy boost, using citrus oils during the daytime is perfect for a great pick-me-up.
2. In the midst of a busy day, frankincense is fantastic at helping to calm the mind and focus the thoughts. It’s a great oil for when the children are doing their homework.
3. In the evening, relaxing oils, such as lavender and petigrain help to create a feeling of calm.
4. Add a few drops of lavender into a burner for a calmer environment or put the oil into a bowl of hot water next to the bed as it will sooth your senses to a tranquil sleep time.
5. If your child has a cold, or virus, add a few drops of eucalyptus, pine and tea-tree oil as it’s a fantastic antibacterial formulation for easing breathing and keeps bugs away.
There are other ways which essential oils can help you. Find out the beauty benefits of armotherapy!