Cleaning with a high pressure cleaner can be a blast. You can shoot down dirt and grime in a flash, which means people are usually looking for any excuse to wheel the pressure cleaner out!
With this in mind, the experts at Karcher have decided to bust a few myths and shed some light on how to get the best out of your machine:
- Ensure the hose is a minimum of 7.5m and connect to your high pressure cleaner
- Tighten all hose connections so no air can enter the lines
- Unwind pressure hose completely to prevent kinking.
- Remove the high pressure lance until there is a steady stream of water coming out of the trigger gun. This may take 30 seconds. Release trigger gun. Fit high pressure lance.
Cleaning techniques for around the house:
- First, test the pressure setting by spraying the ground, taking care around delicate areas.
- Hold the spray at a 45-degree angle as this increases the surface area you can cover.
- Work in small areas at a time. In order to prevent streaks, start washing from the top and work your way down.
- When you’re done, give the surface a good rinse to ensure that all excess grime has been sent packing.
- Pressure washers are a great way to clean windows and fly screens with minimal effort. Reducing the pressure on your spray lance to low pressure will reduce the risk of damaging either the windows or fly screens.
For a vehicle or boat:
- Give dirt an initial blast with plain water on a high pressure
- Apply detergent using a low pressure setting on your spray lance and let the detergent sit & activate for a few minutes to penetrate the dirt.
- Finally give the surface a thorough spray before admiring your handy work.
- To ensure long life of your machine never leave the unit pressurised after use. Make sure you reduce the pressure before packing the unit away.
- Once you have finished cleaning, turn the machine power and power supply to off.
- Pull the trigger gun until the pressure is released from the machine
- Stow away unit until the next clean
To find your nearest stockist or for more information visit www.karcher.com.au.