It’s easy to make mistakes when furnishing a small space, by pushing all the furniture to the edge, under the illusion that it’s creating a feeling of space.
• Use the entire area and don’t be afraid to use large furniture.
• Large modular sofas work well as they define the seating area and can give you two sofas in one.
• Favour low over high for items such as bookcases, and modular designs are also available.
• Free up more space by regular decluttering. Use boxes and baskets to hide bits and pieces.
• Extendable tables are great for accommodating extra guests.
• Focus lighting on the walls and outer edges will open the space. Mirrors also bounce natural light and bring exterior views inside.
Rachel Luchetti dressed by Rodeo Show
Shot in private home in Woollahra, Sydney,