With so many different types of flooring onteh market, buyers are really spoilt for choice. From carpet to real wood to tiles to vinyl to laminate, there’s a different type of flooring to suit any room or budget, so here’s a few tips to help you select the right flooring.
• If you want your room to feel warm, comfortable and cosy, carpet is the best choice. The tiles on the floor of this lounge room made it feel like a garage. So I used a tufted carpet to warm the space up.
• There are tons of styles, textures and blends to choose from. But carpet isn’t always practical, particularly in kitchens, bathrooms and when you’ve got pets. So a solid floor may be a better option.
• Wood is one choice but nowadays there are some fantastic options in vinyl.
• The great thing about the new generation of vinyl flooring is they’re easy to install, hardwearing and easy to clean. They’re a cos-effective solution for the whole house.
• This timber-look FloorClic comes in a great range of colours and is an attractive solution to the problem of noise in an apartment as it’s made from a dense vinyl. It’s also perfect in a humid tropical climate, as it won’t buckle and warp, unlike real timber.
• The last option is floor tiles but these can be really cold so work best in kitchens, bathrooms and warm climates. Consider the size as well as the design and colour. Using a large travertine tile modernises this bathroom and makes it look more spacious and streamlined.
Flooring is a big investment so make sure you choose wisely. Ask for advice and samples to take home and test. That way you’ll avoid costly mistakes.