Kindred Gifts now stock the fresh and inventive designs of Ian Reid, Melbourne designer and Director of home wares design house,
Homesum. Ian has created an edgy way of displaying Feng Shui friendly fruit with his unique Frond design.
Frond is a unique flat-packed fruit bowl where the two laser-cut components effortlessly interleave together to create a three-dimensional form.
Using beautiful, sustainably sourced Tasmanian Blackwood and Silver Ash, this lightweight, sculptural centrepiece is the perfect addition to any kitchen with the Fronds natural and contemporary aesthetics suiting any interior.
TIPS FOR DISPLAYING FENG SHUI FRIENDLY FRUIT:
*It is good to have fresh fruit placed in sight, such as in a fruit basket. This is symbolic of health and abundance
* The feng shui energy of fruits is the energy of fruition
* Peaches are one of the most popular feng shui fruit symbols, peach is the symbol of immortality
* Display apples, they have always been associated with peace, good health and harmony in one's home
* Oranges and other citrus fruits are believed to ward off bad luck -is often recommended to have nine oranges in one's living room or kitchen for good luck and prosperity
* Pineapples are the popular and traditional feng shui symbol of wealth, fortune and prosperity
* Grapes symbolise the abundance of food, thus abundance of material wealth. Sometimes grapes are also used as a feng shui symbol, or cure for fertility, as well as a cure for turning bad luck into good luck
* Garlic and onions should be kept out of sight. They are representative of subtle decay.