Does your home need to shine again this spring? It’s time to give your home a thorough clean to prepare for whatever Spring may bring!
Colgate-Palmolive shares their top cleaning tips that are super easy.
1. When it comes to rearranging your cupboard for the change in season, make sure you thoroughly clean out and wipe down your shelves/drawers.
2. The same goes for your kitchen storage. Every month, make an effort to refresh your cupboards and pantry.
3. When cleaning up cooking spills on the bench and stove top – make sure you’re thorough and get in between the cracks.
4. When it comes to stains on the carpet (i.e. red wine), pour soda water and salt onto the problem area. To remove the stain, place a paper towel on top to soak and be careful not to rub – it will only make it worse.
5. Do you have soap scum build up on the sink and shower? Get to the grime ASAP to avoid staining!
6. When it comes to your windows, concentrate on one room at a time, it’s easy to become overwhelmed.
7. When cleaning up after pets, ensure that your vacuum cleaner has a good system to manage excess hair. Brush your pets regularly and spray them with an anti-allergy spray or deodoriser.
8. Be aware of the household furniture/items that attract the most germs, dust etc. You’ll be surprised how dirty our everyday necessities can be – mobile phones particularly.
For more cleaning tips and advice, be sure to check out our helpful DIY section!