How to make your own zig zag coffee table.
- 1x piece of 22-inch thick plywood cut to 1200mmx600mm
- 4 x pieces of the same wood cut to 400x450mm
- Wood screws
- Mitre 2 of the square pieces on both ends and the other 2 on one end only.
- Clamp 2 of the squares together around a support block, then glue and screw together (screws should go through on a slight angle).
- Repeat to form a second V-shape.
- Place tabletop upside down on a workbench and position V-shapes upside down on top.
- Mark an even distance around the base assemblies, centring them on the tabletop, then screw the V-shaped base sections to the tabletop.
- Sand any rough edges and finish with two coats of clear varnish.