A framed photograph is always a great gift for a friend or loved-one. If you are on a budget, look out for second hand photo frames that you can spray paint. Use Rust-Oleum Universal All Surface spray paint in your preferred shade to revive the frames.
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Rust-Oleum Universal Flat White
• Rust-Oleum Universal Satin White
• Rust-Oleum Metallic Pure White Gloss
• Newspaper/dust sheets
• Sandpaper (if necessary)
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Remove the glass and back of the frames. Sand the frames lightly and clean with a damp cloth. Move the frames to a well-ventilated area and place on top of newspaper or a dust sheet. Protect the surrounding area with additional dust sheets or newspaper.
2. Always follow the instructions on the back of the can. For a better finish, apply a light coat of Rust-Oleum Surface Primer and leave to dry before applying the top coat.
3. Hold the can approximately 30cm from the surface and spray in a steady back and forth motion, slightly overlapping with each stroke. For best results whilst spraying keep the can the same
distance from the surface and keep the can in motion. Apply a couple of light coats a few minutes apart.
4. Leave the frames to dry for 24 hours before replacing the glass and inserting your favourite photo.
Tip: Use different gloss levels of the same colour for a subtle and elegant look.
Available from independent hardware stores nationally. For further stockists and product enquiries visit www.rustoleum.com.au or call 1300 784 476
Rust-Oleum® Universal $12 RRP
• All-surface spray paint
• Paint and undercoat in one
• 360 degree any angle trigger
• Easy to clean with water
• Suitable for interior and exterior (no water immersion)
• Available in gloss, matte, metallic and hammered finishes