Builder Mike Griggs takes you through a step-by-step guide to help you build your own door frames.
Our homes are often full of incomplete jobs – take a look and you may find your doors are missing architrave.
You’ll need a mitre box and a tenon saw before getting started.
1. Take measurements before you cut.
2. Mark lines with pencil to make sure your new architrave lines up with the existing door.
3. Measure to the short point of the mitre and cut at a 45 degree angle.
4. Pre-drill holes so as not to split the wood when nailing.
5. Recess the nails with a nail punch before painting.