A boy’s bedroom can be every bit as stylish and fun as a girl’s bedroom, and there are easy ways to inject some life into your boy’s bedroom makeover. Designer Derek Taylor from 60 Minute Makeover opts for an adventurous space odyssey theme.
Here are some more creative tips for making over a boy’s bedroom that will be remembered for life!
- Make bold statements with bold and bright colours to add stimulation and excitement to the room.
- Consider a theme. Popular choices for boys include outer space, favourite sports or building themes.
- Consider using daring wallpaper to accentuate the chosen theme or simply to add a splash of character.
- Use chalk paint to inspire creativity.
- Use their hobbies as interesting platforms for storage or decoration ideas. E.g. skateboard shelving or themed wall décor such as framed soccer or football jerseys.
- Use shaped pillows to accentuate a theme or add texture and depth to your makeover.
- Ordinary curtain rods are simple and usually go unnoticed, but decorative curtain rods can give a boy's bedroom a completely new look to match whatever bedroom theme he chooses.
- Whatever you do, make sure the makeover is driven by a sense of fun and excitement, and above all is a stimulating space!
For more great decorating tips catch 60 Minute Makeovers on LifeStyle HOME.