For under $15 you can create this great backlit picture frame to display snaps of your kids, your pet or you and your friends.
What you will need:
- a BAS box frame (13x18cm) - $9.95
- a 25-Watt light socket and bulb
- Remove plastic wrap from the BAS box frame and slide the glass lid out. Then, print the photo you intend to use in your light box and cut to the same size as the glass lid. Put aside.
- Drill approximately 10 holes in the side of the box to allow air and heat to escape. Drill or cut a hole in the back of the box large enough to run the electric cable though.
- Fix the light socket to the inside base of the box (centre) using double-sided adhesive tape on the base of the socket. Screw the light bulb into the socket.
- Slide your photo into the box on the inside of the glass lid.
- Switch the light on!