• The Rinnai Infinity Gas Hot Water System is perfect for every household, you’ll never run out of hot water, save money by converting to gas and save room because they’re about a tenth the size of a conventional electric hot water system.
• Converting a household’s hot water system from electric to continuous gas (or solar or heat pump) is the single best thing a household can do to cut down on greenhouse-gas emissions, according to the Australian Greenhouse Office (Department of Climate Change).
• Households can reduce their total greenhouse gas emissions by up to 75% simply by switching from electric hot water to a gas continuous flow hot water system.
• Another way to look at it is that changing from an electric to gas hot water system can reduce a household's carbon dioxide emissions by about 2.3 tonnes every year. This is the equivalent of leaving the car at home for six months.
• An average house using electricity for water heating generates about 4 tonnes of greenhouse gas each year compared to continuous gas which only generates about 1.5 tonnes.
• For a family of four in Australia, an electric hot water system generates roughly five tonnes of greenhouse gas per year.
• Electric hot-water systems are the biggest greenhouse-gas emitters in the home, emitting more than lights, fridges or televisions together.
• Electric hot water systems produce more than three times the greenhouse pollution of natural gas or solar hot water systems.
• Electric hot water systems are used in over 50% of Australian houses. In New South Wales, the figure is 64%.
Tel: 1300 555 545