Tea tree oil is a low irritant anti-bacterial and anti-fungal miracle oil.
A good cleaning agent for children’s hard toys:
• Simply place 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and 1 litre of water in a spray bottle, shake, and lightly spray on the toys. Then, wipe over with a pair of pantyhose.
• Tea tree oil is safe to use on toys, as it’s a non-toxic disinfectant.
For jam makers unable to remove the sticky labels on jars
• Simply fill the empty jars with hot tap water, put the lids on, let them sit for 10 minutes, then tip out the water and the labels should peel straight off (do it gently).
• Any remaining glue residue can be lifted with a couple of drops of tea tree oil on pantyhose and a light rub over.
• Then you just prepare the jars as you normally would for pickles, chutneys, jams and so on and they will be 100% ready for labelling.
For more information and tips from Shannon, visit the Lush House show page here
You can find essential oils from your local supermarket, pharmacist, naturopath, health food stores or essential oil suppliers.