While the arrival of spring brings blooming flowers, warmer weather and barbeques galore, it also heralds the onset of the ever-dreaded spring cleaning ritual.
You need not despair however; with LG’s top six spring tips for the home, you can ensure your home will sparkle this spring.
1. Power of steam – To ensure a really deep clean, look for products that incorporate steam technology. Stubborn stains can be difficult to remove, but using a product with a steam function will not only help eradicate the stain, it’s also much more hygienic for your family. For floors, look for time-saving products like the LG Kompressor Steam, which allows you to steam and vacuum at the same time.
2. One room at a time – The task of cleaning your house top to bottom can be quite daunting. Section your house room by room so you can set clear goals. Enlist friends or family and assign them a room to tackle and you’ll be done in no time.
3. Wash your linens – We know to regularly wash towels and bedding, but when was the last time you washed your curtains or cushion covers? A solid washing machine such as the LG WD1460SD6 6 Motion™ offers a Steam Wash, complete with an Allergy Care function, removing common household allergens by up to 99 per cent.
4. Dust mites – Give your bedding a refresh before you store the heavier doonas for summer. A quick blast with the Sani-Punch attachment on LG’s Kompressor Steam will get rid of the most stubborn dust mites and is safe to use on your sofas and other upholstery.
5. Time for a change – As you move furniture to get to those hard to reach places, consider changing the layout of your room. While we tend to compress in winter, the warmer weather will suit a more open-plan lay-out. And moving furniture means you have to clean under the couch!
6. Appliance check – Use this time to give your appliances the once-over. Time to change the filter on your air conditioner? Fridge not running smoothly? With electricity bills continuing to rise, checking your appliances is a good idea before the onset of the warmer months when summer entertaining becomes a weekend ritual.