Shannon Lush shares her favourite way of washing doonas naturally.
• Shannon suggests washing your doonas a couple of times a year. Her preferred method is the foot stomp method - where you place the doona in a bath, cover it in body temperature water (37C) and add two or three squirts of shampoo.
• Then with clean feet, stomp away to your heart’s content.
• Empty the bath, fill it again with clean body temperature water and stomp again.
• Empty, refill again with clean blood temperature water and allow it to soak through the doona.
• The shampoo can be used on all doona fibres because it won’t dry the fibres out or make them brittle.
• After rinsing, thread on it again to squeeze out as much moisture as possible before hanging it out to dry in a U shape, using lots of pegs.
For more information and tips from Shannon, visit the Lush House show page here