While we all love giving presents at Christmas time, we are often stuck for ideas or run out of time. James Wong offers a gorgeous and decadent gift idea that is surprisingly easy to make.
Orange and Clove Massage Oil
1. Place the peel of five oranges, 4 tablespoons of cloves and 500mL of sunflower oil into a blender and whiz until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
2. Add a tablespoon of Myrrh (which is the resin from a tree in the Middle East) into the blended mixture and stir in well.
3. Place the mixture into a bain marie and simmer for an hour.
4. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. Sieve mixture to remove all of the insoluble ingredients, and the resulting liquid will be a thick, golden orange, spice scented oil.
6. Bottle the liquid, which can be used as either a massage oil, or to scent your room, by squeezing a small amount into an aromatherapy burner with some water.
Watch Grow Your Own Drugs For Christmas on The LifeStyle Channel.