Create a space your kids will love with these top lighting tips from Philips.
There’s no denying it – we love our children and we only want the best for them. We will do anything to ensure that their well-being is taken care of. To do this, we start by providing our child a friendly sanctuary within house – their own bedroom. This sanctuary will be a source of comfort, an area of inspiration and a place that they call their own.
• To avoid disrupting their sleep, install an extremely soft night light, so that you can check on them without disturbing the lighting situation in the room at night.
• Always choose designs that are child safe. Look out lights which are made of child-safe materials including non-toxic paints, anti-impact and non-removable parts.
• Consider lights that have inline switches and ones that switch off automatically when toppled over.
• Light switches should be within easy reach of your children’s bed, so they can operate the bedroom lights in the middle of the night, should they need to use the bathroom.
• LED guidelights that automatically switch on when there is movement are ideal for kid’s bedroom.
• Install a couple spotlights in the room. These don’t have to be utilised until the child is older. You will be able to swivel these spots in the direction you need, whether your child is working or playing.
What is the best way to light the kid’s room?
The best thing is to make the lights in the room interactive and at a height level so the kids can take control of their own space. Definitely source lights that don’t get hot if they have been on all day, LED lights are great for this. Philips has a range of lights that incorporate colourful designs and characters to bring the room to life.
For more info visit http://www.lighting.philips.com.au