Brighten up your boudoir with our top lighting ideas from Philips.
These days, a bedroom is more than just a place to get a good nights’ rest. It is also a place where you can laze around reading, watch television or even look through your closet and decide what to wear for the day. Your bedroom is a beehive of activity, but ultimately, your bedroom should give you a sense of peace.
• Reading lights on either side of the bed will supplement the room’s general lighting and also allow both partners to read at individual times. One can consider lights that can be mounted on headboards to save space. Reading lights should come with bendable necks for convenience and allow for a more focal lighting source.
• Decorative lights that have an ability to change colour will add flexibility by creating different hues to enhance your mood.
• Automatic lighting inside your wardrobe works perfectly every time you open it.
• Opt for lighter window shades in your bedroom. These types of shades allow for more natural light in your bedroom. They will still cut the glare during the day and offer privacy at night.
• Philip’s LED candle tea lights or colour-changing LED table lights are safe, and perfect to set the mood!
What is the best way to light my bedroom?
In the bedroom, the main source of light should be neutral and relaxing – something best achieved with soft, warm lightbulbs. You can then add brighter, practical pools of lighting for the dressing table and wardrobe area. A reading lamp on both sides of the bed is also nice. This way one partner can sleep whilst the other stays up reading.
How can lighting make my bedroom more romantic?
With Living Colors luminaires you can add a hint of soothing mauve to a dim white light to make your bedroom more romantic. If you want to take things a step further you can try Philips LED candle tealights. They mimic the flickering of real candles and add a feeling of sensuality to the bedroom.
For more info visit http://www.lighting.philips.com.au