Shannon Lush injects a burst of personality into a boring bedroom.
Lindsay’s bedroom wasn’t awful, it just needed a little colour and a few luxurious touches to make it more of a haven away from the kids.
Luxurious touches on the cheap
• Add soft furnishings and matching cushions from Lincraft to the bed
• Create a wall feature using a curtain, ornate rail and swathe of fabric. It’s an unusual technique adding a curtain where there’s no window but by positioning it directly behind the bed it gives off the same luxuriant air as a 4-poster bed might (without the exorbitant price tag).
• We also got rid of all the bikes and other under-bed clutter.
Shannon then gave Lindsay a homemade potpourri of bicarb soda and essential oils to keep the air smelling fresh and sweet.
• Place 4 tablespoons of bicarb soda in an ornamental bowl and added a drop each of vanilla essence and oil of cloves, followed by 2 drops each of lavender oil, cinnamon bark oil, rose oil and lemon oil.
• Stir it all together until well blended.
• Alter the amounts and types of oil according to your own taste and preference.
• The bicarb soda absorbs nasty odours and the essential oils make the room smell fresh, sweet and aromatic.
For more information and tips from Shannon, visit the Lush House show page here