How to choose the perfect bathroom lighting for your style and needs thanks to Philips.
The bathroom is the place we begin and end our day.
We start our morning task-oriented activities like brushing our teeth, shaving that 12 o’clock shadow, styling our hair and ensuing that our make-up is done to perfection. In the evening, the bathroom transforms into a place of comfort as we wind down and soak in a hot bath, before retiring to bed.
It’s an oasis of serenity in each household, and doing it up well will only ensure that you have an extremely enjoyable start and end to your day.
• As the bathroom is the dampest area of the house, ensure that all the light fixtures you install are certified for use in such areas, for example, with IP21 or IP45 (Ingress Protection) rating. This will ensure safety and peace of mind.
• Avoid lights that point into the mirror as it will cause a glare.
• Indirect or diffused lighting is more effective in the bathroom.
• Freestanding lamps, hanging lights, standard switches and sockets should be avoided for safety reasons.
• Choose thin tubes of florescent lights and tuck them behind louvered baffle or mirrors for indirect ambient lighting.
• Place soft lights under your bathroom cabinets to provide gentle illumination, so you won’t hurt yourself if you need to use your bathroom in the middle of the night.
• Hidden lights at the top of your vanity station throws gentle illumination onto your ceiling, allowing for the perfect atmosphere when soaking in your bathtub.
• For a more glamorous feel to your bathroom, line your vanity mirror with lights.
Can we get lighting that’s water safe?
Yes, no problem. All lights have an IP rating which measures their level of water resistance. Safety guidelines are different on every continent so make sure you check first.
For more info visit http://www.lighting.philips.com.au