Never feel that you have to hold onto something you don’t want to. Trust your gut instinct and you’ll feel more empowered!
Here are the top 10 tips for de-cluttering your home:
1. Set yourself a realistic timeframe and break the job up into bite size pieces. Start with a room at a time or even just a cupboard.
2. Never feel that you have to hold onto something you don’t want to. Trust your gut instinct and you’ll feel more empowered if you get rid of the item.
3. Women are much more likely to clutter their home with clothes and accessories than anything else. Put a date in the diary to host an annual fashion show (even invite girlfriends along to do the same) and be ruthless with what looks and feels good on you now.
4. More of a book worm? Get into the habit of visiting the library or swapping books with friends to save precious shelf space.
5. If you still can’t make a decision about what to keep and what to throw, get a third party’s advice. A friend or family member who is not as emotionally attached to the item can help you clarify whether you need that extra bathmat or not. Plus, they might be able to help you identify where to start if it all appears too much!
6. Utilise an expert such as Grace Removals Group who specialise in removals and storage services and solutions. Grace Removals Group has 100 years of experience and can help to ensure the job gets done as quickly and efficiently as possible. Check out www.grace.com.au
7. Make it a fun and enjoyable experience. Have a friend over to help you out or listen to your favourite music whilst you work!
8. If you are moving house, start with clearing out all those unwanted and unused items - don't pack them!
9. Worried about waste? Be green and donate quality items to a local charity centre.
10. Then when you’re done? Set aside 15 minutes per day to keep the clutter under control so hopefully you don’t need to tackle it again.