Not everything goes to plan over the festive season - and that includes your Christmas tree! To avoid any DIY faux-pas, follow our guide on what NOT to do, and have a laugh in the process.
Whether it’s a date with creativity that’s gone horribly wrong or just sheer laziness, there are times when projects just don’t go as planned – and Christmas is no exception. We’ve scoured the web for inspiration on what NOT to do for a Christmas tree – and the results are pretty hilarious!
1. 10 points for creativity – it’s cute and ironic if you work in a doctor’s surgery, otherwise, this is never going to be the statement Christmas tree you want it to be.
2. Finally - a use for those dozen empty bottles of Jagermeister.
3. This department store tried to start a new trend. And failed…
4. Please don’t try this at home…
5. And this, boys and girls, is the reason why we use battery operated candles, not naked flames…
6. Last year, an artist in Paris caused quite a stir when his inflatable Christmas tree resembled something a lot more unsavoury…
7. You can do better…
8. An interesting way to cat proof your Christmas tree.
9. If you really want to stop your cats climbing the Christmas tree – a cactus ought to do it.
10. R2D2, is that you?