Grab your closest girlfriends and mix up these heavenly DIY organic skincare recipes from the Beauty Chef, Carla Oates .
Warming Coconut and Spice Foot Paste
Massage this smoothing, softening, uplifting and sensual paste all over the body and feet. A drop or two of essential oils of jasmine, rose, patchouli and ylang ylang can be added for an exquisite aroma.
- 11/2 tbsps coconut milk
- 2 tbsps oatmeal
- 2 tsps almond oil (or other oil such as rice bran or safflower oil)
- 1 tsp mixed spice (Herbies mixed spices are beautiful)
1. Combine the ingredients to form a smooth paste
2. Massage over the feet (or have someone else massage it into your feet!), leave for up 20 minutes and rinse off.
Olive and Lime Shine Mask - for dry, mature skin.
Rich in anti-oxidants and skin refining alpha hydroxy acids, this mask lifts impurities, detoxifies, nourishes and refines the complexion. This mask can be used for all parts of the body - also great for nourishing nails.
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
1. Whisk ingredients until they turn cloudy. Apply to the skin with fingers or a flat Japanese paint brush.
2. Leave for 20 minutes and remove with a damp warm cloth.
3. Organic Strawberry and Green Tea Refining Facial Mask
A great exfoliating mask for unclogging the pores, improving hydration, brightening, deep cleansing and evening out skin tone. Alpha hydroxy acids are found in both fruit and dairy (and red wine!) and work by dissolving the intercellular glue that holds dead skin cells together, allowing for a fresher and healthier skin to emerge. They also help to enhance moisturisation within the skin's layers. Green tea is rich in skin protective polyphenols.
- 2 tbps apple juice
- 1 tbsp strong green tea infusion (cooled green tea)
- 1 tbsp strawberry juice (you can use lemon juice, grape juice, pomegranate or papaya juice as well)
- 2 tsps citrus pectin
1. Combine the fruit juices and the tea. If possible use organic produce.
2. Sprinkle the citrus pectin over the juice and whisk to achieve a gel consistency.
Apply to a clean face and leave for fifteen minutes. Rinse well. Always do a patch test on the inside of your arm to check for allergic reaction before putting on your face
Need more inspriation for your pamper night? Watch Carla in action -