Restore it to mint condition in no time with just a few easy steps and you’ll save yourself a fortune.
1) Select the piece of furniture you want to restore and remove all the excess dirt with a stiff bristle brush. If you’re updating wooden furniture that’s been out in the rain, make sure it’s completely dry before applying anything to its surface.
2) Use a garden restorer to bring back the wood's former glory. Apply it liberally with a paintbrush and the wood should start lightening in colour.
3) Use a mild abrasive scrubbing pad to work it into the surface, so that it withstands the wear and tear of the new season. Leave it to soak into the wood for about 15 minutes.
4) Next, wash it off with plenty of water. Allow the furniture to dry and then sand the wood to remove loose fibres and maximise the wood's natural sheen.
5) Apply varnish, if desired, to protect your furniture from damaging effects of sunlight, wind, rain, spillages and stains.