Q&A - Ask An Expert
Answered Tuesday 26 October 2010 |
I am 4ft 11inch , So that makes me a very short and dumpy lady . I truely do not know the best sytle for me as my daughter and best friend are always tell me that I need a new wardrobe . I don't wear colors ,
as I am no good at color matching . So my complete wardrobe is Black
When dressing, you want to create the illusion of height. The right clothes, shoes, accessorise and even hair styles can make you look taller.
Here are some tips for you:
* You must go out asap and buy a pair of Nude/flesh coloured pair of platform heels. These heels will blend in with your skin tone and give you an instant height injection. Nude heels will go with everything in your wardrobe. Trust me they will change your life! :)
* Don’t wear ankle straps shoes - wearing heels with an ankle strap will make you look shorter.
* Always wear vertical stripes, never wear horizontal stripes. Vertical stripes will make you look taller, because of the way our eyes follow the lines. Look for dresses, jackets and tops with vertical line prints.
* If you have long hair, an up styles can create the illusion of more height.
* Please try stop wearing all black, inject some colour into your life. Use your eyes as a guide to what colours you can wear for example blue/green eyes should wear lots of blues and greens. Brown eyes can wear tertiary tones like olive and browns. Everyone can wear the right shade of red, blue or green. It's about finding the perfect shade for your skin tone.
Thanks for dropping me a line.