Everyone can be more sustainable at home. We encourage everyone to save energy at home to cut greenhouse gas emissions and reduce the impact of climate change.
Follow these easy suggestions to make an immediate and noticeable change!
• Take reusable bags when you go shopping and refuse plastic bags.
• Install or top up insulation in ceilings.
• Start a compost heap.
• Take shorter showers - keep it to under 5 minutes instead of the average 8 minutes.
• Switch appliances off at the power point wherever possible.
• Use your recycling bin and make sure you know what can be recycled.
• If you have air conditioning set the thermostat to 18-20 in winter and 26 in summer.
• Buy products with less packaging.
• Install a AAA rated showerhead and a dual flush toilet.
• Purchase energy efficient appliances.