EnergyWatch.com.au helps all types of consumers save money on their power bills. As a start, Polis and his team have put together some power saving tips to help in the short term before contacting one of their energy consultants who will find you a better deal.
Tips for Consumers
• Ask yourself, have you moved off the default retailer since deregulation in your state? If the answer is no, call EnergyWatch.com.au.
• Invest in insulation - far less energy is required to heat and cool homes when insulated properly.
• Air conditioners are high energy consumers for cooling, so use them only when necessary. Buy conditioners with a programmable timer and thermostat/ climate controls.
• High-efficiency gas water heaters and solar hot water systems boosted by electricity or gas are better for the environment than traditional electric heaters and can help save you money on your bills.
• If you have a TV, turn it off at the wall if you are not watching it. A big-screen TV used for six hours a day can use more energy per year than a family sized fridge.
• Switch to energy efficient compact fluorescent lights in your home. They use 75% less energy than an incandescent bulb.
• When purchasing a new appliance, choose an energy-efficient appliance with a low standby power usage.
• Keep doors closed if you are in only one area of the house. Open plan houses mean we are heating much larger areas and the heating is not as efficient as if we just focused on one small room in the house where we spend most of our time
Ben Polis is the founder and Managing Director of EnergyWatch.com.au.
Who is EnergyWatch.com.au?
EnergyWatch.com.au is an independent energy broker that provides a free consultation for people to compare the electricity retailers in their area and get a better deal in just a few minutes. Their mission is to save people money by helping them to make an informed choice on which provider best suits their needs.
Founded by Ben Polis in response to the continued forecast increases in energy prices across Australia, EnergyWatch.com.au seeks to educate consumers and businesses of the various options available for their energy needs when selecting providers. Their success to date has saved more than 60,000 consumers collectively millions of dollars across Australia.
Don't forget Earth Hour is at 8.30pm, 26 March 2011. Turn your lights off and save the earth and your wallet.