Philips Home product
There is nothing that spells home more than a lovingly prepared meal. Meals like this nourish our bodies, our hearts, and leave us completely satisfied. Kitchen tasks demand perfection and to cook a good meal you need to ensure perfect color, texture and taste of food. Good lighting helps you see all the food in real color.
• Task lighting concealed under cabinets helps illuminate surfaces where you’ll perform tasks like chopping, grinding and mixing.
• Place concealed spots on the top your cabinets so that they reflect off the walls and ceiling to bring a shadowless illumination.
• Install sensor lights inside cabinets so that they light up immediately when the door is opened. A bar countertop in your kitchen will look great if lit from above with recessed or track features. Install a recessed downlight above your kitchen sink to provide adequate task lighting for this area.
• Lights equipped with high coloring index allows you to see things in their natural color. This is extremely important when it comes to food.
• A stainless steel or white kitchen looks brighter and bigger, because these surfaces reflect light.
• Check for lighting solutions with removable covers for easy maintenance.
What is the best way to light our kitchen table?
Suspension lights with a shade are idea for kitchen tables. Suspend the light about 30 inches above the table to create a cozy, intimate pool of light that will draw people together. If possible, choose one with a dimmer-switch so you can adjust the light for different moods and occasions.
How can we make our kitchen look more welcoming?
If your kitchen appears sterile or dull it’s probably because you’re lighting the room evenly with high-intensity bulbs. Try accentuating areas such as counters and eating areas with directional lighting from the ceiling. This will create more contrast and should make the room look a bit more interesting.
How can we adjust the light in our kitchen so our kids can study at the table?
The simplest solution is to fix a good light above the table. Make sure to choose one with high-light output and a dimmer. That way you can turn it up when there’s work to be done and soften the light when you need a more relaxing atmosphere.
For more info visit http://www.lighting.philips.com.au