That’s prompted our friends at Kitcheners® Kitchens to share their knowledge on how you can make the busiest room of your house environmentally friendly.
They practice what they preach and were actually the first Australian kitchen company endorsed as a ‘Climate Friendly Business’ courtesy of their carbon offset initiatives, along with their energy efficiency and waste reduction strategies.
Here are just some of their eco friendly design recommendations:
• Environmentally friendly flooring including bamboo, cork, recycled wood and recycled metal tiles.
• Environmentally friendly benchtops including formaldehyde free materials.
• Earth friendly cabinets made from re-growth forest wood or certain veneers that are affordable and minimize harvesting of exotic wood.
• Lighting such as fluorescent lighting that can halve energy usage.
• Green appliances; from cooktops to ovens, fridges and dishwashers, it’s important to seek out appliances with 5 star energy ratings. It is also important to consider other innovative energy saving products. One great example is the Induction Cooktop that uses a magnetic field to heat the food while simultaneously keeping the stovetop cool.
• And finally, with any new kitchen, it’s critical to ensure you have sufficient space for recycling.
If you would like to know more about kitchens that are great for cooking, entertaining and the planet as a whole, contact Kitcheners Kitchens on 1800 826 144 or visit kitcheners.com.au. The team at Kitcheners would be delighted to share more of their green design tips.