Here are some more creative tips for making over a boy’s bedroom that will be remembered for life!
- Make bold statements with bold and bright colours to add stimulation and excitement to the room.
- Consider a theme. Popular choices for boys include outer space, favourite sports or building themes.
- Consider using daring wallpaper to accentuate the chosen theme or simply to add a splash of character.
- Use chalk paint to inspire creativity.
- Use their hobbies as interesting platforms for storage or decoration ideas. E.g. skateboard shelving or themed wall décor such as framed soccer or football jerseys.
- Use shaped pillows to accentuate a theme or add texture and depth to your makeover.
- Ordinary curtain rods are simple and usually go unnoticed, but decorative curtain rods can give a boy's bedroom a completely new look to match whatever bedroom theme he chooses.
- Whatever you do, make sure the makeover is driven by a sense of fun and excitement, and above all is a stimulating space!
For more great decorating tips catch 60 Minute Makeovers on LifeStyle HOME.