• China and glass ornaments need to be washed once every six months.
• Hollow items like figurines and vases need to be dipped in a solution of room temperature water (quarter-fill a crisper with water as it's best to use plastic – if not place a tea towel in the bottom of the container, to pad the hard surface) - and added a good slurp of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of detergent. Shannon immersed Nancy’s vases in this solution and rubbed them gently all over with pantyhose (great for hard to reach cracks etc).
• She then concentrated on the delicate areas like intricate curves and fired gold using a soft sable brush wrapped in pantyhose.
• Things completely sealed in glass can be fully immersed and washed in the same solution. The vinegar cuts through grease without damaging the surface and makes them sparkle.
• Then all the collectables can be re-grouped in the cupboard according to make and type.
For more information and tips from Shannon, visit the Lush House show page here