1. Spirit Level $10 - $20
For any task required level to be even, including hanging pictures.
2. Hand Plane $16 - $175
For planing down sticky doors and dressing timber
3. Carpenter’s Hammer (with curved claw) $15 - $50
Claw for pulling out nails and a flat head.
4. Retractable Tape Measure $10 to $40
8 metres in length, increments in mm, easy to carry
5. Shifter or Adjustable Spanner $10 to $80
Great for tightening and loosening all different size bolts around the home.
6. Hand Saw $10 to $45
Hold with a pistol grip, let the saw do the work, don’t force it through the timber.
7. Chisels $10 to $140 a set
Keep them sharp, used for housing out hinges for doors, and trenching out timber.
8. Stanley Knife $5 to $15
Great for cutting carpet and plastic, best with a retractable blade for safety.
9. Screwdrivers $10 to $45 a set
Need a Philips and flat head, good idea to buy a whole set, to fit most screws.
10. Cordless Drill $50 to $600
The most used tool in any tool kit! Wide price range, but quality comes with price.
Look after your tools properly and they will last for many years.